Wednesday 4 March 2015

Yoga for Change - March 4th with Jamie Wlasiuk

Join us tonight, Wednesday March 4th for Yoga for Change, when we host guest teacher Jamie Wlasiuk while she guides us through a gentle flow series. 


Guest teacher Jamie Wlasiuk
We wanted to get to know Jamie a little bit better so we asked her a few questions.

How long have you been practicing yoga? 
Started practicing in 2008 at Moksha - found yoga really helped me with my work related aches and pains including sciatic issues (dental assistant) later found it was an amazing way to deal with stress and anxiety.

What do you love most about teaching? 
Guiding others through a practice that feels great and has so many benefits makes me feel amazingly energized and positive, I absolutely love that!

Is there anything on the horizon in terms of trainings or special plans for your practice you'd like to share? 
I did my first training July in Costa Rica and can't wait to do another but no plans as of yet.
What is your favorite pose? 
Favourite and least favourite pose is dancer! It illustrates my flexibility, focus, strength, and also my bodies inequalities! I continue to work at this one, it keeps me humble for sure!

What can we expect from you on Wednesday evening?
Wednesday will be a gentle flowing practice with some attention aimed at awakening our intuition by way of our third eye chakra!  

This one hour class begins at 5:30 and is held at the West End Community Centre, 247 23rd Street. In lieu of a class fee please bring your donation (suggested minimum donation $5) for the charity of the month.

Learn more about this month's charity, Cerebral Palsy Association of Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment