In honour of Mother Earth here are a few simple ways to:
1) Grow your own Food- We don't all have the space to have a full garden so why not dedicate a windowsill to a new herb garden?
|Windowsill Herb Garden|
2) Choose a Fair Brew- If you are a coffee lover choose a fair trade roast or better yet a fair trade company. (If you don't know if your favourite coffee is fair trade take some time do find out!!)
3) Plant some native Wildflowers- We humans have been busy changing the landscape so much that our native bees and butterflies don't come across many of the native wildflowers that they've adapted to pollinate.
|DIY Wildflower Seed Bombs|
4) Plant a Tree - Help to offset your family's carbon footprint by sequestering some carbon of your own!
|Check with your Rural Municipality office for free trees being given away in your area!|
5) Reduce your dependence on fossil fuels - by walking, biking, carpooling or taking public transport.
|Plastic washed up on beaches in Hawaii|
7) Choose Green products - Every dollar you spend is a vote.
When you choose ethical companies, who are making products that help to make a change in the world -you are casting a vote for that company.
Consumer demands can and do drive serious change in the global market.